Good Afternoon Everyone,
I hope all is well with you and your families. I would like to inform you that we now have open enrollment for membership of the UAPB(University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff) Kappa Kappa Psi Tau Beta Sigma Regional Alumni Association aka UAPBKKYTBSRAA. The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma South-West Alumni Association would like to foster a bond among alumni members of Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma. The current members creatively decided to submit a request to create the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma South-West Alumni Association to focus on continuous bond through fellowship, inclusion, development, and networking towards alumni activity. The regional association provides a harmonious space for brothers and sisters of the bond. Our objective is to provide an egalitarianism for everyone to fasten on individual, on the bond, and professional level. The bond of the melodious melodies of cords that bind us all together
1. Must be on the Roster and in good standing with National Kappa Kappa Psi or Tau Beta Sigma
2. Must be in Alumni or Lifetime Member status at Nationals.
3. If you are in an inactive status. Please email Christopher Giles (KKY) or Eireka Wright (TBS) @ firstname.lastname@example.org to get further instructions on how to get your status changed to Alumni/Life
4. Must pay your National Alumni Dues/Fees
A. Tau Beta Sigma there are 3 levels of membership. Their membership renewal is in July1st - 31st. This program is not prorated. You can fill out the form online https://tbsaa.kkytbsonline.com/ or print it out and mail it in http://www.tbsalumni.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/TBSAA-Membership-Form.pdf and email it to email@example.com.
- Standard Membership - TBSAA standard Alumni membership is open to all alumni, Life, and honorary members of the Sorority in good standing who wish to support the mission of the organization, attend various district and national events, and possibly participate in a local alumni association (LAA).
Alumni members receive a membership card, which grants them access to district and national events and conventions, as well as a membership gift, subscription to the bimonthly email newsletter The Entr’Acte, the annual TBSAA magazine, The Rhapsody, access to participate in TBSAA national networking, philanthropic, and professional development programs, and membership in LAAs. Alumni member dues are $35.
- LAA Only Membership - Alumni, Life, and Honorary members of the Sorority who would like to activate their TBSAA membership for the purposes of participating in or founding local alumni associations (LAAs), can purchase an LAA-Only membership. This level of membership includes a subscription to the bimonthly newsletter, The Entr’Acte, and status to be counted on the roster as a dues-paid member of TBSAA when submitting reports to the TBSAA. Members who are at the LAA-Only level are not sent a membership card, but instead receive an email receipt, and cannot attend district or national events or conventions. LAAs may charge a separate, local membership fee or dues. The LAA-Only membership dues are $15 annually and the membership year runs from July 1 through June 30.
- Gold Star Club - Alumni, Life, and Honorary members of Tau Beta Sigma can enhance their participation by joining TBSAA with Gold Star Club status. Gold Star Club members receive all of the benefits of alumni membership, plus a special commemorative gift, an annual conference call with the Executive Council, recognition in The Rhapsody and The Podium, access to special member-only events at district and national conventions, and more to be announced. Gold Star membership dues are $60 annually with a membership year of July 1 through June 30.
* The Fees are increasing on July 1, 2022
B. Kappa Kappa Psi has 4 levels of membership. You can fill the forms online https://kkpsiaa.kkytbsonline.com/online-membership-application/ or https://kkpsiaa.kkytbsonline.com/life-member-annual-renewal/ or https://www.kkpsi.org/life-membership-2/
- Life Membership - Life Membership, along with privileges of such, shall be granted to any Alumni member in good standing upon payment of a Life Membership contribution, the amount to be set by the National Chapter, along with an application to the National Headquarters.
The privileges of a Life Member include:
A lifetime membership in the Kappa Kappa Psi Alumni Association.
A life subscription to The PODIUM.
Discounts offered by the National Headquarters on selected merchandise or events. (to be announced as they occur).
Eligibility for appointments as deemed necessary by the National Council.
All privileges granted by the National Constitution.
LIFE MEMBERSHIP – $500 / lifetime
- Alumni Association Member: To become a full member of the Alumni Association, there is an annual due. This due is not prorated in any way, and once it is paid it is good until the end of the current calendar year, at which point you must renew at the start of the new year. This membership level allows you to participate in Alumni Association programs/events, vote on matters of the Alumni Association, participate in LAA's, and attend District and National Conventions.
AA ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP – $50 / Year
- LAA Membership: Local Alumni Associations exist at three different levels: Chapter, Area, and District. The LAA tier of membership was made for Alumni to stay as members of these specific groups, without being involved at the National Level. This tier is paid annually for the calendar year, and additional fees may be present based on the LAA you are joining.
LAA ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP – $15 / Year
- Graduating/Departing Seniors: For graduating students, a free year of provisional membership in KKΨAA is automatically provided from the date of graduation until the end of the following calendar year. Spring Graduates whose chapter fills the Graduating Senior Report will be granted Provisional Membership until the end of the following year (18 months). Fall Graduates will receive the following calendar year (12 months).
Once a new graduate begins any part of their year of free membership in KKΨAA , this free period will be exhausted at the end of the relevant year. If the student later enrolls again in a college or university, they will not receive another free year of membership upon their subsequent graduation. The only exception to this is when a student who graduates subsequently enrolls, within the same year, at a different institution and becomes an active or associate member of the chapter on that separate campus. In this situation, the student’s free year of membership in KKΨAA will begins after their graduation at the second college or university.
During this free year of provisional membership, the new graduate can enjoy all of the benefits and privileges of KKΨAA members except for the ability to vote in KKΨAA meetings and elections. (These provisional members can become full KKΨAA members at any time by (i) completing a KKΨAA Membership Form and paying annual dues, or (ii) becoming a Life Member of Kappa Kappa Psi and completing a KKΨAA Membership Form for Life Members, which does not require payment of annual dues at this time.)
Students who depart their college or university without graduating may become members of KKΨAA by (i) completing a KKΨAA Membership Form and paying annual dues, or (ii) becoming a Life Member of Kappa Kappa Psi and completing a KKΨAA Membership Form for Life Members, which does not require payment of annual dues at this time.
* Prices are subject to change during renewal time January 2022
5. Once you have paid your National Fees, you can now pay your Local/Regional Alumni Association fees (LAA/RAA) $50. There are several ways you can pay for it. For those who are not able to be a member, you can still support our organization and our cause. We have several payment plans available on our website. We also have Zelle, Paypal and CashApp.
As we prepare for the upcoming fiscal year, I have made it accessible for members and non-members to pay their fees/dues or make a donation on the website as well as Paypal and Zelle. All of these have a 6 month installment plan that is only accessible on the website.
These prices include the processing fees
6 Monthly Installments. There are 4 options available:
Homecoming Fee: $13/month
5050 Scholarship Fund: $16/month
5050 Scholarship Fund + Homecoming Fees: $29/month
RAA Membership + 5050 Scholarship Fund + Homecoming Fees: $37/month
Single Payments. There are 3 options available:
Membership Fee: $53
Homecoming Fee: $78
5050 Scholarship Fund: $93
PayPal and Zelle (Make sure you click "Send as a Friend" to avoid processing fee):
Membership($50) and 5050 Scholarship Fund($90): firstname.lastname@example.org
Homecoming Fee $75:
CashApp Membership Fees and Scholarship Funds:
Some of the Accomplishments we have achieved:
1. Provide two $1400 Scholarships to one KKY and one TBS active undergraduate members.
2. Provide educational/information seminars to better yourself, health, wealth, etc.
3. Provide team building exercises to assist you with life's unexpected issues
4. Plan/Explore/Support/Attend group trips and retreats
5. Fellowship/Support with other schools (college, high schools, Jr High) on their events
6. Support Members of TBS/KKY on their events. (Concert, Marching Contest, Graduations, Parades, HC festivities)
7.Attend District and National Conventions
8. Adopt a Spot
9. Adopt a Band
10. Support members during grief (death, loss of employment) and celebrate members with life (birth, weddings, graduation)
11. We are now a licensed paraphernalia seller for Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma